Mobile devices often do not come preinstalled with security software to protect against malicious applications, spyware, malware-based attacks, unwanted spam messages and e-mail attachments. Without security software, there is a risk that an attacker could distribute viruses, trojans, spyware and spam to lure users into revealing passwords or other confidential information.
- Use virus detection software to protect your mobile device against malicious applications.
- Ensure that your antivirus software has anti-malware capabilities and built-in firewall.
- Enable your antivirus protection at all times.
- Regularly update your virus scanner.
- Scan your applications and memory card regularly.